Sunday, 24 March 2013

Lessons

I has been a while since I last posted to my SLOG. Assignment 2 and the test have pasted and they were eye openers. I had initially intended to work on the assignment by myself, which I felt would force me to grasp the material thoroughly, however I felt a bit overwhelmed and eventually partnered up. My partner and I were confident in our answers however we ended up doing badly on that assignment. The test was better than the assignment but could have been better.

This experience has taught me the importance of seeking help when I am confronted with material that I do not understand. I suffered this problem in high school were I would ignore concepts that I did not have a solid understanding  of, and continue with trying to remedy the problem. I plan on tackling this problem by using the various resources available at the university. I started this initiative this week when I visited Prof. Heap's office hours because I did not understand the concept of  the break point in regards to the Big oh notation. Prof Heap provided an amazing explanation that really helped me with my understanding of the subject and I left that office smarter than I walked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment